Warning: include(../talkback/head-inc.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /nfs/c08/h04/mnt/171131/domains/userfocus.co.uk/html/comments/axure_grids.php on line 23

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '../talkback/head-inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php-5.3.29/share/pear') in /nfs/c08/h04/mnt/171131/domains/userfocus.co.uk/html/comments/axure_grids.php on line 23

Further comments on this article are now closed.

Loren Baxter wrote:

Hey guys,

Love the grids, thanks for keeping them updated. There is an issue with the .zip file on Macs - it unzips too far and wrecks the .rp file. To fix all hosting issues with Axure files, put the .rp (or .rplib) file inside a folder, and zip the folder.

Hope that helps!

-- posted at 11:41 PM on May 12, 2010
Reply to Loren Baxter
David Travis wrote:

Thanks Loren. We've fixed it now and the same file works on both Macs and PCs.

-- posted at 11:07 AM on May 13, 2010
Pablo wrote:

Thanks for the great work. Unfortunately, if I put a grid in a master, it always overlays all elements. To place it in the background or the other elements in foreground - it does not help. Thanks for you answer.

-- posted at 10:16 AM on May 19, 2010
Reply to Pablo
David Travis wrote:

I'm not sure how you're using the grids, but I don't have this problem. Drag the grid from the grid masters onto the new master page that you're creating, then you should be able to draw elements on top of it. Of course, you'll have to delete the grid when you've finished, or else it will appear in your design. If this doesn't help, please give me some more information about how you're using the grids so I can help you troubleshoot the problem.

-- posted at 11:05 AM on May 19, 2010
Pablo wrote:

Thanks for your answer. I tried it again, and well, now it looks like it's working... I don't know what I did wrong, but thanks for your help. :) Greets

-- posted at 01:32 PM on May 19, 2010
Kayan wrote:

I am having issues installing the grid on Pencil. I am getting an error message that says the file might be corrupt. Did anybody else have this experience?

-- posted at 09:28 PM on November 21, 2010
Reply to Kayan
David Travis wrote:

I spoke to Frederic Vandaele, who created the grids for Pencil. He can reproduce the problem when he tries to install the zip as a 'collection'. Since it is not a collection but a Pencil file, you should unzip it locally and open it in Pencil via Document -> Open. It should work fine if you follow the installation instructions on the download page.

-- posted at 11:03 AM on November 22, 2010
Powered by TalkBack

Web Usability: An Introduction to UX

Sept 23-24, London: Get hands-on practice in all the key areas of usability, from identifying your customers through to usability testing your web site. More details

Download the best of Userfocus. For free.

100s of pages of practical advice on user experience, in handy portable form. 'Bright Ideas' eBooks.

UX newsletter

Every month, we share an in-depth article on user experience with over 8,000 newsletter readers. Want in? Sign up now and download a free guide to usability test moderation.

Our services

Let us help you create great customer experiences.

Get free email updates

Join the thousands of other people who get their monthly fix of user experience insights from Userfocus and get a free guide to usability test moderation.