Further comments on this article are now closed.
I love the simple analogy you use - and it's so true!
Perfect analogy, and to extend on your idea of superimposing the red route over a street map to see the "tendency of water to run downhill", you can get some great insights by "superimposing" your site heat map / click analytics over your red route and seeing how well they line up. And now with Google's In-page analytics (Content>In-page Analytics) now everyone has access to this information.
Web Usability: An Introduction to UX
Sept 23-24, London: Get hands-on practice in all the key areas of usability, from identifying your customers through to usability testing your web site. More details
Download the best of Userfocus. For free.
100s of pages of practical advice on user experience, in handy portable form. 'Bright Ideas' eBooks.
Every month, we share an in-depth article on user experience with over 8,000 newsletter readers. Want in? Sign up now and download a free guide to usability test moderation.
User Experience Articles
Our most popular articles
Our most commented articles
Our most recent articles
- Feb 4: Cheap and free under-the-radar alternatives to field visits
- Jun 3: What Gordon Ramsay can teach us about giving feedback to design teams
- May 6: My place or yours? How to decide where to run your next usability test
- Apr 8: The usability error you don't know you're making
- Mar 4: Adapting your usability testing practise for mobile