We make house calls!
We can bring this course to you and run it for a fixed all-inclusive fee no matter where you are. All you have to do is provide the delegates and the meeting room.
Next scheduled course
We schedule this course based on demand. If you want to attend a public course, click on the button below. Once we get 8 like-minded individuals we'll schedule a course and let you know.
Overview: How to write, structure and test on-line documentation
On-line documentation is ubiquitous, essential and widely criticised, but it does not have to be a difficult experience for the user. This workshop concentrates on the human side of on-line documentation: how we interact with, and think about on-line documentation and how to make it as easy as possible for users to troubleshoot technical problems without getting lost or frustrated.
We will review on-line documentation from the web and discuss the basics of creating good content. We will reveal techniques to help users get to the content they need. Finally, we will practise usability testing methods, applied specifically to on-line content.
About your trainer
This seminar is aimed at
This workshop is for you if you are a technical author or writer, especially if users will read your content on screen via a web browser. If you are new to the field, you will find that this workshop helps you to grips with the many issues that you encounter when writing and structuring content. If you are an expert, you will be especially interested in the techniques of usability evaluation. You do not need to have any experience in usability or in programming. This is not a programming workshop and we will not be looking at any specific help authoring systems.
You will learn how to
- Write on-line documentation that is simple to read on screen.
- Create a help system that is task-oriented.
- Structure your documentation so that users can quickly get to the content they need.
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of your content through usability testing.
What do I get when I book this course?
- 1 day training course with a usability expert.
- Practical checklists, worksheets and extensive notes to take home.
- 24/7 support to help you apply your learning.
- A proper, air-conditioned learning environment.
- CPD-approved course attendance certificate.
- A 2-course lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
- A money-back guarantee.
This course lasts one day.
Usability immersion training
- Foundation Certificate in UX
- Web Usability
- Intranet Usability
- Software Usability
- 2-hr User Experience Briefing
Usability design training
- Sketching and Ideation for Designers
- Web accessibility for developers
- Forms usability
- Axure Essentials
- Advanced prototyping with Axure
- How to write on-line documentation
- How to write an effective Style Guide
- Writing and editing for the web
- Usable mobile applications and IVRs
Usability research training
- Design ethnography
- Lean UX Starter Kit
- A practical guide to usability testing
- Build your own usability lab
- Best practice in usability test moderation
- Morae Essentials
- Google Analytics Essentials
- A practical guide to card sorting
- How to carry out an expert review
- How to design web surveys
Usability management training
- Usability standards and legislation
- Web accessibility briefing
- Cost justifying usability
- How to set and track usability metrics
- Consultancy skills
- User experience as a strategic process