We make house calls!
We can bring our training courses, seminars and tutorials to you and run them for a fixed all-inclusive fee no matter where you are. All you have to do is provide the delegates and the meeting room.
Featured Usability Training Course
Gain hands-on practice in all the key areas of UX — from interviewing your users through to prototyping and usability testing your designs — while you prepare for the BCS Foundation Certificate in User Experience. 3-day course, £1295 + VAT.
This half-day workshop is for researchers and designers who want to use numbers to inform design and make better decisions about websites, software or mobile apps. You'll learn:
- The essential UX metrics and methods with examples
- How to apply a framework for measuring the user experience of any interface
- How User Experience metrics affect customer satisfaction and the Net Promoter Score
- 6 best practices for using numbers to inform design
Half-day course, £125 - £195 + VAT.
What do I get?
Attend one of our courses, seminars or tutorials and you get more than a training course.
Usability immersion training
- Foundation Certificate in UX
- Web Usability
- Intranet Usability
- Software Usability
- 2-hr User Experience Briefing
Usability design training
- Sketching and Ideation for Designers
- Web accessibility for developers
- Forms usability
- Axure Essentials
- Advanced prototyping with Axure
- How to write on-line documentation
- How to write an effective Style Guide
- Writing and editing for the web
- Usable mobile applications and IVRs
Usability research training
- Design ethnography
- Lean UX Starter Kit
- A practical guide to usability testing
- Build your own usability lab
- Best practice in usability test moderation
- Morae Essentials
- Google Analytics Essentials
- A practical guide to card sorting
- How to carry out an expert review
- How to design web surveys
Usability management training
- Usability standards and legislation
- Web accessibility briefing
- Cost justifying usability
- How to set and track usability metrics
- Consultancy skills
- User experience as a strategic process