We make house calls!
We can bring this course to you and run it for a fixed all-inclusive fee no matter where you are. All you have to do is provide the delegates and the meeting room.
Next scheduled course
We schedule this course based on demand. If you want to attend a public course, click on the button below. Once we get 8 like-minded individuals we'll schedule a course and let you know.
Overview: Intranet Usability: An Introduction to User Experience
This seminar describes best practice in intranet usability, demonstrates many examples of award-winning intranets and teaches you the tools and techniques you need to make your own company's intranet a success with its users.
"An informative and engaging course that makes you think out-of-the-box about what you currently do and assume."
– Jane Witherington, Co-Op Travel
About your trainer
This seminar is led by Dr. David Travis, the author of E-Commerce Usability. David has more than 20 years experience in the field of user centred design and has delivered over 100 seminars in usability for a range of private and public sector organisations. He has worked on intranet projects for a range of clients, including RBS and Orange.
This seminar is aimed at
- Software developers who want to learn techniques for designing better intranet.
- Business analysts who want quick and effective tools to communicate intranet user requirements.
- Interface designers who want to learn methods for evaluating their intranet designs.
- Web site designers who want to understand the principles of human-centred design.
You will learn how to
- Describe the general principles of user-centred design and communicate the benefits of usability.
- Articulate the specific usability issues facing intranets by examining the "before" and "after" re-designs of award-winning intranets.
- Observe and interview users to understand their requirements and their tasks.
- Write better content and improve the layout of individual pages and forms.
- Simplify site structures and intranet navigation.
- Use rapid techniques to design and prototype sites.
- Test the usability and accessibility of your intranet.
What delegates say about this seminar
- "The material on writing content for intranets was excellent." – Kevin Tillyer, Metropolitan Police.
- "The training was both relevant and comprehensive and provided actual examples from my firm. Thoroughly beneficial." – Emma McEwen, Barlow, Lyde & Gilbert.
- "Helped focus on key issues and provided a methodology to approach a very complex task." – Gill Davies, The British Council.
What do I get when I book this course?
- 2 day training course with a usability expert.
- Practical checklists, worksheets and extensive notes to take home.
- Free, follow-up refresher training.
- 24/7 support to help you apply your learning.
- A proper, air-conditioned learning environment.
- CPD-approved course attendance certificate.
- A 2-course lunch on both days and refreshments throughout the course.
- A money-back guarantee.
This course lasts two days.
Usability immersion training
- Foundation Certificate in UX
- Web Usability
- Intranet Usability
- Software Usability
- 2-hr User Experience Briefing
Usability design training
- Sketching and Ideation for Designers
- Web accessibility for developers
- Forms usability
- Axure Essentials
- Advanced prototyping with Axure
- How to write on-line documentation
- How to write an effective Style Guide
- Writing and editing for the web
- Usable mobile applications and IVRs
Usability research training
- Design ethnography
- Lean UX Starter Kit
- A practical guide to usability testing
- Build your own usability lab
- Best practice in usability test moderation
- Morae Essentials
- Google Analytics Essentials
- A practical guide to card sorting
- How to carry out an expert review
- How to design web surveys
Usability management training
- Usability standards and legislation
- Web accessibility briefing
- Cost justifying usability
- How to set and track usability metrics
- Consultancy skills
- User experience as a strategic process