We make house calls!
We can bring this course to you and run it for a fixed all-inclusive fee no matter where you are. All you have to do is provide the delegates and the meeting room.
Next scheduled course
We schedule this course based on demand. If you want to attend a public course, click on the button below. Once we get 8 like-minded individuals we'll schedule a course and let you know.
Overview: Legs & Regs: A No-Nonsense Guide to Usability Standards and Legislation
After attending this training course, you will have a practical understanding of British standards and UK legislation relevant to usability and accessibility.
"Excellent 'demystifying' of International Standards and accessibility regulations."
– Daniel Griffiths, LexisNexis.
About your trainer
This seminar is led by Dr. David Travis, the author of E-Commerce Usability. David has more than 20 years experience in the field of user centred design and has delivered over 100 seminars in usability for a range of private and public sector organisations. He has been involved in writing and editing usability standards since the early days of ISO 9241.
This seminar is aimed at
- Software engineers
- Business analysts
- Interface designers
- Project managers
- Marketing managers
- web site designers
- E-commerce developers
You will learn how to
- Interpret BS-EN ISO 13407 and BS-EN ISO 9241 so that they are relevant to your business.
- Articulate the standards making process.
- Capitalise on emerging standards in usability.
- Comply with disability legislation relevant to web accessibility, such as the Disability Discrimination Act (1995).
What delegates say about this course
- "It was informative and interesting to hear the background to how ISO standards are devised from someone 'on the inside'."
- "Added a new dimension to my requirements writing."
- "I found the preview of upcoming standards really useful."
- "Very competent and knowledgeable presenter."
What do I get when I book this course?
- 1 day training course with a usability expert.
- Practical checklists, worksheets and extensive notes to take home.
- 24/7 support to help you apply your learning.
- A proper, air-conditioned learning environment.
- CPD-approved course attendance certificate.
- A 2-course lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
- A money-back guarantee.
This course lasts one day.
Usability immersion training
- Foundation Certificate in UX
- Web Usability
- Intranet Usability
- Software Usability
- 2-hr User Experience Briefing
Usability design training
- Sketching and Ideation for Designers
- Web accessibility for developers
- Forms usability
- Axure Essentials
- Advanced prototyping with Axure
- How to write on-line documentation
- How to write an effective Style Guide
- Writing and editing for the web
- Usable mobile applications and IVRs
Usability research training
- Design ethnography
- Lean UX Starter Kit
- A practical guide to usability testing
- Build your own usability lab
- Best practice in usability test moderation
- Morae Essentials
- Google Analytics Essentials
- A practical guide to card sorting
- How to carry out an expert review
- How to design web surveys
Usability management training
- Usability standards and legislation
- Web accessibility briefing
- Cost justifying usability
- How to set and track usability metrics
- Consultancy skills
- User experience as a strategic process