We make house calls!
We can bring this course to you and run it for a fixed all-inclusive fee no matter where you are. All you have to do is provide the delegates and the meeting room.
Next scheduled course
We schedule this course based on demand. If you want to attend a public course, click on the button below. Once we get 8 like-minded individuals we'll schedule a course and let you know.
Overview: Usable mobile applications and IVRs
What persuades a customer to pay money for a mobile data service? Surveys show that ease of use is customers' most important buying criteria, exceeding even value for money. But designing a simple user interface for a mobile phone is surprisingly difficult. Screens are small, buttons are packed close together and people use mobile phones for peripatetic tasks where speed of use is critical. This is very different from desktop software and web sites, and applying design principles from these domains can lead to failure. Similarly, designing a usable interactive voice response (IVR) system is very different from designing a visual interface. During this course, delegates engage in practical hands-on activities to help them discover the practitioner secrets behind the design of usable mobile applications.
About your trainer
This seminar is aimed at
This course is for you if you are actively involved in the design of applications or IVRs for mobile phones and you want to make sure that users can find and use applications quickly and easily. The course will be valuable for business analysts who want quick and effective tools to communicate user requirements and for designers who want to learn methods for evaluating their designs. Marketing managers will benefit by learning about the business and brand benefits of a usability focus. Delegates do not need a background in usability to benefit from this course.
You will learn how to
- Design mobile applications that work on a small screen.
- Apply guidelines and principles to quickly evaluate mobile interfaces.
- Carry out field studies to uncover the way real people use your mobile application.
- Develop cheap, throwaway prototypes to get quick feedback from your users.
- Write test tasks to focus and evaluate your design.
- Appreciate what makes a usable IVR
What do I get when I book this course?
- 1 day training course with a usability expert.
- Practical checklists, worksheets and extensive notes to take home.
- 24/7 support to help you apply your learning.
- A proper, air-conditioned learning environment.
- CPD-approved course attendance certificate.
- A 2-course lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
- A money-back guarantee.
This course lasts one day.
Usability immersion training
- Foundation Certificate in UX
- Web Usability
- Intranet Usability
- Software Usability
- 2-hr User Experience Briefing
Usability design training
- Sketching and Ideation for Designers
- Web accessibility for developers
- Forms usability
- Axure Essentials
- Advanced prototyping with Axure
- How to write on-line documentation
- How to write an effective Style Guide
- Writing and editing for the web
- Usable mobile applications and IVRs
Usability research training
- Design ethnography
- Lean UX Starter Kit
- A practical guide to usability testing
- Build your own usability lab
- Best practice in usability test moderation
- Morae Essentials
- Google Analytics Essentials
- A practical guide to card sorting
- How to carry out an expert review
- How to design web surveys
Usability management training
- Usability standards and legislation
- Web accessibility briefing
- Cost justifying usability
- How to set and track usability metrics
- Consultancy skills
- User experience as a strategic process