We make house calls!
We can bring this course to you and run it for a fixed all-inclusive fee no matter where you are. All you have to do is provide the delegates and the meeting room.
Next scheduled course
We schedule this course based on demand. If you want to attend a public course, click on the button below. Once we get 8 like-minded individuals we'll schedule a course and let you know.
Overview: How to design and implement web surveys
Many surveys on the web are very poorly designed: they often ask too many questions, or irrelevant questions, or biased questions. These problems make the resulting data impossible to analyse. This course will help you avoid the potential traps in survey and questionnaire design and teach you how to write valid and reliable survey questions.
“With its good balance of theory and practice, this course has given me the confidence to build a survey from scratch.”
Arnaud Pellé, Emerald Publishing Group.
About your trainer
This seminar is aimed at
This workshop is for you if you are involved in developing web surveys to collect data from customers. This is a hands-on seminar for survey practitioners who want to understand the details in designing and implementing web surveys.
You will learn how to
- Identify common pitfalls in the design of surveys and questionnaires.
- Use cognitive interviewing to find and fix problems with survey questions.
- Decide on the best format for your question (such as essay, rating scale, multiple choice and ranking questions).
- Control the 4 kinds of bias that affect all web surveys.
- Write questions and design rating scales that give valid answers.
- Implement a web survey on a site like SurveyMonkey or Zoomerang.
- Use descriptive statistics to help you take action on the results of your survey.
What delegates say about this seminar
- "I now plan to spend more time analysing whether a survey is relevant and working out how to formulate the right questions."
- "The approach to pilot testing a survey with an audience was a real eye-opener! Previously I've only shared it with like-minded colleagues so we perhaps didn't get the best response."
- "I now know how to review my survey before sending it out, to check the right questions are being asked."
- "There were useful tips about analysis (especially the cross-tabulations) and creating good email invitations."
- "I was on the course for a very specific reason: to create the staff perception survey. I now have the confidence to go ahead and do it."
What do I get when I book this course?
- 1 day training course with a usability expert.
- Practical checklists, worksheets and extensive notes to take home.
- 24/7 support to help you apply your learning.
- A proper, air-conditioned learning environment.
- CPD-approved course attendance certificate.
- A 2-course lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
- A money-back guarantee.
This course lasts one day.
Usability immersion training
- Foundation Certificate in UX
- Web Usability
- Intranet Usability
- Software Usability
- 2-hr User Experience Briefing
Usability design training
- Sketching and Ideation for Designers
- Web accessibility for developers
- Forms usability
- Axure Essentials
- Advanced prototyping with Axure
- How to write on-line documentation
- How to write an effective Style Guide
- Writing and editing for the web
- Usable mobile applications and IVRs
Usability research training
- Design ethnography
- Lean UX Starter Kit
- A practical guide to usability testing
- Build your own usability lab
- Best practice in usability test moderation
- Morae Essentials
- Google Analytics Essentials
- A practical guide to card sorting
- How to carry out an expert review
- How to design web surveys
Usability management training
- Usability standards and legislation
- Web accessibility briefing
- Cost justifying usability
- How to set and track usability metrics
- Consultancy skills
- User experience as a strategic process