Targeted at both new and experienced users of Morae, Morae for Usability Practitioners is a step-by-step guide to using Morae 3.2 to plan, execute and analyse usability tests. Packed with insider tips and expert advice, this guide will show you how to use Morae to its full potential.
Single copy: £9
Delivery method: Electronic download (PDF & ePub)
61 pages. Last updated January 2012.
A detailed, easy-to-read, structured guide to the latest version of Techsmith's Morae 3.2 including:
- Expert tips on issues like how to moderate and log simultaneously.
- How to use Morae in various testing scenarios like a portable test lab and a multi-room setup.
- How to use the "AutoPilot" feature to run unmoderated usability tests.
- Step-by-step walkthroughs to teach yourself about Morae's key functions.
- Exercises and activities that you can carry out to learn the program.
- Checklists that you can use to confirm you're using Morae to its full potential.
- Two versions for the price of one: Both a printer-friendly PDF format and a "take anywhere" ePUB that can be read on an iPad, iPhone and almost every e-book reading device.
- Free update when the next edition is published.
- Instant download immediately you've paid.
- Pay by credit card with PayPal — it's fast and secure.
After you study and apply this guide to Morae, you will be able to:
- Confidently use Morae Recorder to set up and record a usability test, capturing clickstreams and picture-in-picture video.
- Create video recordings that you can hand to observers the instant the participant has finished.
- Customise Morae's marker terminology so that it matches your own.
- Use Morae's built-in survey tool to collect end-of-test participant ratings and comments.
- Log and observe important moments in a usability test.
- Quickly analyse data, calculate usability metrics, and create graphs.
- Assemble graphs and important moments from the recording into a highlights video to share those "ah-ha!" moments.
- Export your results to Excel and quickly create a bug list to hand to the development team.
- Use keyboard shortcuts to work faster.
- Use Morae to do more than just create highlights videos.
Here is the full list of contents for this detailed, 61-page guide to Morae
- Lesson 1 Introduction to Morae
- Lesson 2 Planning a usability test
- Describing the study
- Defining the tasks
- Setting up data logging
- Setting up the post-test survey
- Planning a Usability Test: Checklist
- Lesson 3 The pilot test
- Checking the picture-in-picture camera
- Multi-camera setup
- Checking the audio
- Making a test recording
- Connecting to the test machine with Observer
- Defining capture options
- Checking disk space
- The Pilot Test: Checklist
- Lesson 4 The usability test
- Greeting the participant
- Starting the recording
- Coding the participant's behaviour
- Saving the recording file
- The Usability Test: Checklist
- Lesson 5 Running on AutoPilot
- How it works
- How to set up an AutoPilot test
- AutoPilot: Checklist
- Lesson 6 Identifying usability problems
- Cleaning up the behavioural observations
- How to find and review the usability problems
- Lesson 7 Measuring usability
- Logging each task
- Choosing the most appropriate usability metric
- Which measure is right for me?
- Lesson 8 Presenting the data
- Exporting the list of usability problems to Excel
- Creating screen shots
- Developing a highlights video
- Archiving the Morae file
- Lesson 9 Becoming an expert
- How do I...?
- Short articles on Morae
- Help improve this guide
- Lesson 10 Test Yourself!
- Appendix 1 Morae Manager keyboard shortcuts
Look inside the book!
Take a look at some sample pages.
A note on licensing Morae for Usability Practitioners
We can only offer Morae for Usability Practitioners at this price by offering a single license per purchase. This means you can't distribute the original download to anyone else.
If you'd like to buy additional licenses, please contact us about site licensing.
A word about the price
We've sold hundreds of copies of this eBook over the past few months, and people tell us we should be selling this for a lot more than just £9. We haven't raised the price yet, but it's probably a good idea to grab your copy today just in case. You can always return it if you don't like it.
100% Money-Back Guarantee
We're so confident that you'll be delighted with your purchase that we offer a no-strings, money-back guarantee. Buy your copy of Morae for Usability Practitioners and look it over. If it's not right for you, email us within 30 days for a full refund.
Get your copy today. It's risk free.
How the purchase process works
- Payments are handled through PayPal's secure payment system where you can pay by credit card.
- PayPal use advanced encryption to ensure your card details are safe.
- Once payment is complete you'll be sent an automated e-mail with a link to download Morae for Usability Practitioners immediately.
- Your credit card will be charged £9 (plus VAT for UK customers who must pay sales tax).
- If you would prefer to pay by invoice, please contact us.