Happy new year and welcome to the January edition of the Userfocus usability and user experience newsletter!
- Message from the Editor
- From the archive: 20 things you can do this year to improve your user's experience
- What we're reading
- Upcoming training courses
- User experience quotation of the month
This month, I've updated an article from our archive that I wrote 3 years ago but that is still relevant as we start a new year. I hope you find it useful.
The new year is as good a time as any to review and improve the way you work. With a good user experience now widely seen as the key attribute of many high-tech products, it makes sense to review your own products to see how you can give them that user experience edge. Here are 20 quick, simple and virtually free ideas you can apply in this new year. Read the article in full: 20 things you can do this year to improve your user's experience.
Some interesting usability-related articles that got our attention over the last month:
- Customer Journey Mapping resources, templates, tools and slides
- Why is it so hard to find UX talent?
- The 7 TED Talks every designer should watch
- If you think paper prototyping is a waste of time, you're doing it wrong.
- "To be an effective UX leader, you must have a deep understanding of all UX disciplines."
- What is it that makes one headline more shareable than another? 1 million headlines analysed.
- A site dedicated to explaining cognitive biases.
- You can now see all of the talks from Northern UX on YouTube, including the 7 deadly sins of user research
- A study of S&P 500 companies shows a clear link between a strategic approach to UX and financial performance.
We have three online training courses in user experience. Save money when you purchase them as a bundle.
“I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.” — Jerome K. Jerome
Hungry for more?
Foundation Certificate in UX
Gain hands-on practice in all the key areas of UX while you prepare for the BCS Foundation Certificate in User Experience. More details
Every month, we share an in-depth article on user experience with over 10,000 newsletter readers. Want in? Sign up now and get free, exclusive access to our reports and eBooks.